- Have you ever received a Microsoft Word document where you need to take lots of individual images outside of it to use elsewhere and want to do it quickly? Well here is one of the easiest ways.
- Select your Microsoft Word document in File Explorer (also known as Windows Explorer)
- Right-Click and select Rename
- Here is the important part, change the file extension from .DOCX to .ZIP and Press ENTER
- Accept the warning about changing the file extension by choosing YES
- Double-Click the renamed file to open the now recognised ZIP file
- Double-Click the Folder called Word and Double-Click the Folder called Media. You will now see all media that is in the Word documents.
- Select which files you wish to make a copy of, this could also be the Media folder, and CTRL+C to copy the files
- Move to a new folder where you wish the place the copied files and CTRL+V to Paste the files
- Return to the original files with the .ZIP extension and Rename back to .DOCX accepting the warning about changing the file extension.
The Word document is now back to normal and still working.
That’s it! All the images have been extracted and the Microsoft Word document is back to normal.