I’ve been using Photoshop for what feels like an eternity and only recently come across a tip and trick that will help you out if you deal with brushes.
I have known for a long time that you can use the Square brackets for increasing and decreasing the brush size (to increase press ] and decrease press [ ) instead of going to the Brush settings panel
But I recently found out when you are using the brush holding down the ALT key on a PC or the Option key on a Mac and Right Clicking will allow you to make adjustments not only to the brush size but also the Hardness.
In order to achieve this
- Have the Brush Tool selected
- Hold down the ALT key (PC) or Option key (Mac)
- Right click holding the button down, then drag:
- Left or Right to adjust the Brush Size
- Up or Down to adjust the Hardness
As an added BONUS you can also select a colour while using the Brush Tool simply hold the ALT key and this time left click to select the colour.